Saturday, September 19, 2009

French vs. Spanish

French. Spanish. Which one is better? I have foreign language this year at school and I choose French as the language I will learn to speak. I think that French is the best language that I have an opportunity to speak this year. However, many people argue that Spanish is the best. So which one is the best language to speak? I'll admit that, in the US, more people speak Spanish than French. But, according to my French teacher, more people speak French worldwide. So what is the best language to speak, Spanish, French, or (Ugh) German? For some reason, not many people seem to argue that German is the best. I wouldn't know if I like German or not. Whenever I hear think of it, I remember my horrible experience in German, last year. It was the year when the fifth graders got to try each language for a six-week period, to see which one best suited them. I only saw my German teacher for two lessons and learned nothing from her. She spent those days getting acquainted with us. And on the third day, she got sick. Very sick. I don't know what happened to her, but apparently she had open heart surgery preformed on her. To this day, I don't know what became of my German teacher.
The rest of the six weeks in German were spent with a substitute who didn't speak German. So I don't have a much of opinion of German. I did, however take Spanish. I just don't like it. I can't roll my Rs or really understand much of it. French is much easier for me and I get a better grade in it to. So how about you? What is your favorite language?

No comments:

Post a Comment